Monday, May 01, 2006

The Love Connection

Isn't it amazing, how a mother knows everything her child is going through....I think that birth of a child is by far God's best creation so far...

At the time of birth, the umbilical cord is cut, but the connection between a mother and her child can never be cut. It is just amazing how a mother just senses every emotion, highs and lows that her child goes through without even being told about it...

Last night I was talking to my mom and was a little depressed. However, when talking to her on the phone I kept my sunny side up and spoke in a cheerful voice....She is in India and I am currently in the US. The last time I saw her was in December 2004. We speak on the phone very often and try to fill the physical absence in the process.

Anyway, so yesterday she didn't say anything, we chit-chatted and then I hung up. Later about an hour later, she called me up and she tells me: "Sweetheart, tell me what's on your mind. I feel as if you want to tell me something"... not wanting to upset her, I stood my ground and told her that I was fine and was in bed almost falling to sleep. So she let it be at that and hung up.

This morning she calls me again and tells me: "honey, I am your mother, you cannot hide your feelings from me" and then I just burst into tears.....at the end of the conversation, we both just felt so relieved.

Maybe a man can never experience this amazing bond, maybe a son and a mother can never connect as closely as a daughter and mother do....

It's like mothers have the sixth sense all the time when it comes to their kids....not only in humans, but even in animals and birds and all living organisms....

Mom, if you're reading this, I want to tell you that I love you a lot........and miss you...wish I could spend more time with you....

God bless all mothers....

No comments: