We all can begin by taking a very simple direction in the conservation of water. All we have to do is be mindful, mindful of our usage of water. Here are some things we can keep in mind:
1. Do not keep the tap running. For ex: when cleaning dishes, showering or brushing your teeth.
2. Re-use water whenever possible. For ex: for rinsing dirty dishes before cleaning them or loading the dishwasher. Sometimes water that is not safe for drinking but good for either watering the plants or cleaning stuff.
3. Reduce the amount of water to a bare minimum.
4. Read up on the internet or magazines/journals to find out what you can do in addition to this to help.
5. Be knowledgeable on where your water comes from and how its managed.
6. If you feel like doing more beyond this, feel free to look up local/national/international organizations that are involved in reaching out to developing nations to get them clean drinking water, etc..
I follow an NPO called “Charity: Water”. Feel free to look up their website: http://www.charitywater.org/about/
Maybe this can be one of your goals for 2011!
I am going to leave you with this spectacular photo of the day:
*Please note: I have not taken this photograph. Charitywater/the photographer owns the rights to this picture.
|This photo has been taken from the charitywater website (Photo of the Day)|