Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pay it forward

A couple of weeks ago, I was waiting to catch the train back home.... I am at the ticket machine and a student comes by. She asked me if the machine accepted credit cards, so I take a quick look and say...ummm, I don't think so. So then, she asks me if I knew of any ATM machines around. Unfortunately, I was not familiar with the neighborhood, so I couldn't help her much... I felt like helping her. So, I offered to pay for her ticket. At first she refused, but then I told her that it was my pleasure to be of any help to her.

I put in a twenty dollar bill into the machine and it spit out two tickets. Next, it gave me change in one dollar coins, but instead of giving me change after charging me for the tickets, it actually gave me my entire $20 back in dollar coins :)

So then, we boarded the train and she thanked me for buying the ticket for her....I smiled and said "Please don't thank me, just pay it forward"

We only live our lives once and we should live it to the fullest. We should try to find out our purpose on planet earth and find ways to serve....

Life is beautiful and we have to remember, there is always abundance all around us... plenty to go around...

Good night :)

1 comment:

bhoutik said...

wonderful! thanks for writing up such an awesome story and better yet practicing kindness. :)