Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Copper....

Last night I stayed up just to witness the beautiful eclipse..... and let me tell you... it was so worth it. Just to enjoy the sheer beauty of the moon and the earth casting it's shadow over it....The earth cast a beautiful copper/brick hue on the surface of the moon and I could see in between the shadow the craters on the moon and a magnificent moon light lining just forming a very thin crescent shape on the lower edge of the moon's surface..... my words don't do justice to what I experienced last night, the wonderful transition from a big bright vibrant silver moon to a beautiful warm copper moon!

I knew it was Aug28th, but I would have totally missed it if my friend wouldn't have told me that it was actually at 3:00am in the morning......

I read up on this eclipse and the more I read the more I appreciated how nature works, the more I am now fascinated by our solar system, the space, galaxies and the universe and our earth, the moon, you and I....how we are all elements of this one massive organization co-existing (unfortunately I cannot say - in harmony! but I am sure one day that will happen!). we all have at least one specific purpose to fulfill.....wow!!! hmmmm!!!!! I am beginning to drift....ooopppsssss!!!!!!! there I go....

Here's a few links you'd enjoy reading...


http://www.shadowandsubstance.com/


http://spaceflightnow.com/news/0001/19eclipsepreview/

http://www.technologynewsdaily.com/node/7819




Signing off with a song that comes to mind --

Just Like The Moon....one line from that song which is stuck in my head.... it goes something like this...
" I believe that you were born
during an eclipse
and the stars named you moon child"

No comments: