Friday, April 14, 2006

::Food Chain::

Yesterday, a friend of mine and I were discussing a few certain things about vegetarianism, veganism, etc... somewhere during our discussion came about the topic of how non-vegetarainism was needed to sustain the eco-system/food-chain, obviously brought up by my friend to in his defense. So, I brought to light my idea of how the food chain was a concept developed by humans themselves to suit their needs. To my surprise, my friends partially agreed with me. anyway, so we continued our ramblings on veg vs non-veg..it wasn't a very heated debate since he is planning on giving up everything but fish....his reasons are partially related to cruelty to animals (which is good enough reason for me)...

This brought to my mind another question, is this way of life, the world, the materialism, everything tangible, nothing but a facade???? Are we in delirium? There are celebrities who protest against fur but wear leather, promote vegetarianism/veganism for one or more reasons but then they indulge in practices that would very much contradict their very own principles. I have done it, you have done it, we all have done it at some point or the other, it's only a matter of time before we realize this and take a step towards changing that...

Yeah, I know...I have diverted my discussion from food chain to the sundries....but well :) it is related...such is life whether we like it or not...

Are we hypocrites? Do we think different and act different? Do we at all times, try to please some one or the other but ourselves?
One line that has stuck with me from the Tobey Maguire movie - Spiderman - "With great power comes great responsibility"...

continuing on that note, I feel that we humans have immense power and control in our hands and thus we should not use it to manipulate this so-called "eco-system"????

By doing all this, where are we headed?????
.........................................................................................

No comments: